Actual Art Degree is a thought in Disco Elysium. It is arguably one of the most important thoughts for maximizing experience gain, since there are 430 Conceptualization passives in the game - and each gives 10 XP, giving theoretically 43 levels worth of experience.
- Yeah, it's another copotype -- the worst one. The most savage and brutal. The Art Cop. Nothing is good enough for him. Everything is *shit*. You have to employ an armada of adjectives to depict and demean the mediocrity of the works and visual institutions around you. Really *flex* that critical muscle. Until the vocabulary for PUNISHING mediocrity becomes second nature. Here we go...
- Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, resolutely shit, lacking in imagination, uninformed reimagining of, limp-wristed, premature, ill-informed attempt at, talentless fuckfest, recidivistic shitpeddler, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another.
- Requires 1h 30m research time
- -1 Perception: Can't even look at this sh*t
- -1 Hand/Eye Coordination: Hands shake from anger how shit it all is
- Conceptualization passives heal +1 Morale and give +10 XP:
- Enough art-related dialogues (The higher your Conceptualization, the less you will need; you need at least five or six). Your Conceptualization will contact you: "Why does art inspire you so much?"
- In other words, look for the following:
- Talk to Joyce Messier about the lynching, dig until you reach the Suggestion check, and accept The Jam Mystery.
- When first talking to Tommy with 5 or more Drama, say "I dig your style man."
- Ask him about the drug trade while the investigation task is active, and keep digging until you reach the Conceptualization check, which will count as an Art Cop line upon passing (4 Conceptualization is enough).
- Follow up with "I think the words are mine, yes" for +1 art cop line and "It makes it all easier to bare. If the words are pretty".
- Head over to the backyard wall and attempt to pass an impossible Conceptualization check, it doesn't matter if you fail.
- Talk to Cindy the SKULL, ask her about the wall and pick "I love public art! Don't mind us, keep doing what you're doing". Once face to face, ask her about the heavy fuel oil. Then pick the dialogue option "That's some clever cultural commentary."
- When talking to Annette about Dick Mullen, have 4 or more Conceptualization to say "Nobody looks like the guy in the picture."
- At the Horseback Monument after passing an Encyclopedia check related to blowing up the statue, listen to all the information and say "That's brilliant! So funny and nihilistic!"
- Buy The Man From Hjelmdall and criticize it until your subconscious asks you "What are you? A book critic?" and answer "I might be."