Coalition of Nations
The Coalition of Nations is an alliance of Graad and the republics of Sur-la-Clef, Messina, and Oranje against the Revolution in Revachol. The Coalition was ultimately successful in conquering Revachol and establish control over its economic bounty. The city came under Coalition occupation as a Special Administrative Region, divided into zones controlled the Coalition's member states from INSURCOM: the Insulindian mission command. INSURCOM is the theater command for the combined armies of Occident and Graad, with Mesque volunteers. To police the population the Revachol Citizens Militia was founded. INSURCOM made sure that the free market capitalism imposed by the foreign powers persisted, and enabled the opening of the local job market to large numbers of cheap foreign workers, allowing the rich to make a killer profit. In the meantime, the poor were crushed beneath the heels of foreign occupiers and much of Revachol - especially districts like Martinaise - were left to rot, with no meaningful restoration or rebuilding attempts.
Things got better after the dark years of rebuilding in the Twenties and the division of the city into zones de contrôle under foreign nations: the Mesque Zone, the Occident-Graad zone, and the International zone. The International Zone is west of the river. The Thirties saw a global economic boom that helped the entire city recover.
Though many perceive the Coalition as a monolithic politico-millitary entity, it is actually composed of many semi-autonomous institutions. These include INSURCOM, a former military coordinator which now handles logistics, the Bank of the World, which works for the interests of the Coalition's economic control, alongside the Moralist International's Institute of Price Stabilité, the Provisional Commission, which manages contingency spreads and Revachol's transition into autonomous democracy, and the Institute for Revacholian Culture, based on Le Jardin, which encourages artistic exchange between Revachol and the nations of the Reál Belt.
References[edit | edit source]
- René Arnoux and Gaston Martin
- Welcome to Revachol Devblog
- TRANT HEIDELSTAM - "Well, that certainly depends. You know, the popular image of the Coalition is of a monolithic politico-military entity, but in reality, it's comprised of many interconnected, yet semi-autonomous components..."
- TRANT HEIDELSTAM - "INSURCOM is responsible for all aspects of the military occupation of Revachol. During the Revolution, they coordinated the efforts of the Occidental and Graadian invasion, but these days their function is primarily logistical."
- TRANT HEIDELSTAM - "Of course there is! The Coalition's economic affairs are handled by the Bank of the World -- Revachol Mission. They operate in concert with the Institute of Price Stabilité in Sur-la-Clef."
- COALITION WARSHIP ARCHER - "Of course. While the content of individual contingency spreads is deeply classified, many degrees beyond our access, everything we have heard from the Provisional Commission indicates that the transition is proceeding according to the appropriate timetable."
- TRANT HEIDELSTAM - "But then there's also the Provisional Commission, as well as the Institute for Revacholian Culture, with its architecturally significant headquarters in Le Jardin."
- TRANT HEIDELSTAM - "Oh, the Institute is a marvellous organisation, my *favourite* part of the Coalition by far. Their mandate is two-fold: To export notable works of Revacholian culture throughout the Moralintern, while also importing the most important cultural products of the wider world to citizens of Revachol..."