The Coastal Shack, also known as Harrier Du Bois' Second Home is a location in Disco Elysium. It is located in the Fishing Village, and can be accessed on Day 3+ after receiving the key from the Washerwoman.
After the water lock has been fixed and Harry gains access to the fishing village on Day 3+, the coastal shack can be stayed in free of charge. The key must be obtained from the Washerwoman, who is situated just outside the door, and is awake at all hours. If Harry accepts and stays the night in the shack, Kim Kitsuragi will meet him outside the shack each morning, rather than on the main floor of the Whirling-In-Rags.
Points of Interest
- The washbasin, which can be used to Wash off the death smell, and allow Harry to shave off his mutton chops. Shaving also allows him to discuss the decision with Kim.
- A mirror hanging on the wall can be interacted with for Harry to discover what he looks like (if not done previously in his room at the Whirling). Passing an Encyclopedia check[white check 1] will allow him to learn about the origin of *The Expression*, and passing a related Electrochemistry check[white check 2] to stop *The Expression* from happening will alter his portrait and cause him to stop grimacing. He may also choose to face himself[white check 3] as part of the fascist political vision quest.
- Several items can be obtained from the shack.
- Encyclopedia: Formidable 13(White Check)
- +1 Heard about the band OO.
- +1 Joyce told you about The New.
- Electrochemistry: Impossible 18(White Check)
- +2 Know the origin
- +2 No more steam.
- +4 Recited the poem, Tommy
- +1 Standard Wirrâl die.
- +1 Shaved.
- +1 Ruby killed herself.
- Endurance:(White Check)
- +2 Stopped obsessing over sexuality.
- +1 Read about devil women.
- +1 Self-proclaimed authoritarian.
- +1 Been working out
- -1 Moustache gave you strength.
- -1 Contemptibly apologetic.
- -1 Actively obsessing about sexuality.
- +1 Dresscode: True man.
- +2 Dresscode: Potent symbol.
- +2 Advanced race theory.
WASHERWOMAN – “Yes, I let my room to that Ruby girl…” She speaks slowly, wringing out a rag, after a long silence. Her hands move into the water bucket. Some water sloshes over the edge.
WASHERWOMAN – "As I've done before when she's been in trouble, or just looking for solitude. I've made it clear -- we welcome all kinds of people here."