Damaged Ledger is an item in Disco Elysium.
This is the ledger you found in the trash. It's full of notes written in a man's dense cursive. Have a closer look -- maybe it can be salvaged to start keeping notes on the case?
- Interacting with it in inventory will allow Harrier Du Bois to clean it off and read past case files. This will also complete the Read your ledger and name the case task.
- In order to make the ledger equippable as a tool, a Medium Interfacing White Check must be passed. Discarding the card inside of the hidden compartment without reading it[a] will result in the Ledger of Oblivion, as well as the Caustic Echo thought. Alternatively, reading the card will result in the Ledger of Failure and Hatred and the White Mourning thought (and additionally The Bow Collector if Harry's Conceptualization is high enough to pass a Challenging Passive Check).
- If the thought Lonesome Long Way Home has been internalized, it will make the check harder (-1 negative modifier).
- If the check fails, but Harry manages to talk to the hanged man (Inland Empire check required), he may ask him for advice (+1 modifier). Reading the case file THE UNSOLVABLE CASE will also grant a +1 modifier.
- Harry must be outside in order for this option to be available.