The Disco Elysium Wiki is intended to be a place for all Disco Elysium players to come and collaborate, sharing their knowledge, trivia, war stories, and everything else related to the game and their experience. To that end, we'd like to establish some basic rules, so that we can all get along and focus on work.
- Editors should be civil towards each other. Disagreements should be resolved by talking and finding a consensus (or compromise, if it proves elusive), rather than insults, personal attacks, or other uncivilized methods.
- Assume good faith. An edit that seems disruptive at a glance might actually be an inexperienced editor or an expert one making an error. In these cases, helping them out by providing guidance or correcting the error and dropping them a quick note will help grow the community and distribute the editing load.
- Let the rights holders do their jobs. Also called backseat moderating, if an actual bad faith editor appears, just undo their edits and report them to the administration. They'll take it from there.
- Harassment is a no-go. Anyone found stalking other users, igniting witch hunts, trying to con people, and so on and so forth will be reprimanded and blocked.
- Edits should be made in plain English. Keep it understandable and include translations where necessary (especially of Suresne).
- Avoid profanity. While curses have their place in everyday speech, they tend to disrupt the flow of articles and get in the way of the wiki.
- Avoid excessive deletions. Most content can be successfully retooled and integrated into the wiki, rather than outright deleted.
- Rights holders may block users who repeatedly violate these rules, in particular those who demonstrate hostile or disruptive behaviors and show no sign of improvement after warning.
- Block durations start at 24 hours, and graduate to 3 days, to 1 week, to permanent. In severe cases, the rights holder may elect to skip to permanent blocks.