Drugs are consumable items in Disco Elysium.
- Each of the four drugs will temporarily raise one attribute's base stats, and by extension, the learning caps for each skill under the affected attribute. Any skill points invested during this time will remain, even after the drug wears off.
- The effects of any drugs taken last 1 in-game hour. If Harry has a drug equipped in his hand, he will automatically use another charge once it wears off.
- Each drug will inflict one point of damage upon Harry's Health or Morale.
- Though cigarettes, speed, and alcohol have multiple variants, there is no mechanical difference between them. Speed that is confiscated from Cuno's father will have the exact same effect as the Preptide taken from Klaasje's medicine cabinet.
- Obtained substances will have a base charge of 3, which can be raised alongside the Electrochemistry skill. One extra use is added to the total at skill levels 4 and 7.
- Legal drugs, such as cigarettes and alcohol, may be purchased from the Frittte kiosk. Illegal drugs, such as speed and pyrholidon, are instead found while exploring around Martinaise, and depending on whether they have been consumed previously, will appear in more locations.
|+1 Intellect||Boiadeiro (doubles effect)||-1 Health||Frittte kiosk|
|Pyrholidon||+1 Psyche||Cop of the Apocalypse (doubles effect)||-1 Health||Bird's Nest Roy|
Cindy’s room (only after taking it)
|Pale Aged Vodka
|+1 Physique||Revacholian Nationhood (doubles effect)
Waste Land of Reality (nullifies effect)
|-1 Morale||Frittte kiosk|
Communal bathroom in the Capeside apartments
|+1 Motorics||Lonesome Long Way Home (+1 Psyche)||-1 Morale||Klaasje's medicine cabinet|
Cuno's Father's apartment
Boxes in front of bench near Rosemary (after taking it)