Fat Angus is a character in Disco Elysium.
Background[edit | edit source]
Angus is a member of the of the Hardie Boys and the Débardeurs' Union. He was involved with staging the hanging of Ellis Kortenaer. It is implied he was the one who carried Ellis Kortenaer’s body to the hanging.
He seems to be friendly with Ruby, and talked with her about radio equipment. He is not very knowledgeable in entroponetic radio equipment. According to Klaasje, he and Titus are brothers. However, Titus talks about having to inform Angus’ mom of his death implying that they are not siblings. Titus seems to genuinely care for Angus and wants to look out for him. Titus and Eugene are also appreciative of the work Angus does taking notes on radio transmissions.
He is younger than Titus. He uses an inhaler. He weighs more than 130 kilograms and wears size 46 boots. His feet smell strongly enough to be noticeable from a distance even if he has shoes on.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- He is encountered on day 2 at the Whirling-In-Rags Union cafeteria.
- Angus will always die at the tribunal.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- FAT ANGUES - "We didn't kill him! We didn't even *hang him*, he was dead when..." He takes a breath, wheezing.
- VISUAL CALCULUS - 7) The glowing outline of a standard work boot, no 46. The imprints are *twice* as deep as the others -- the weight exceeds 200 kilograms. Fat-Angus -- carrying something?<ref> His job within the group is to listen to and record intercepted radio communications.<ref>YOU - "Which one of you is doing this advanced radio work then?"
FAT ANGUS - "It's not advanced," the heavy man wheezes. "You're just holed up in a coop all day, writing down what they say. It gets hot as hell in there."
- FAT ANGUS - "We were talkin' about radio equipment. She said she's doing Ulan frequencies and a pale-something. I don't know more."
- LOGIC - This guy barely understands what he's talking about.
- KLAASJE (MISS ORANJE DISCO DANCER) - "Last week. Angus and Titus's brother -- I think he's called Tibbs -- took care of it." She takes a drag.
- TITUS HARDIE – “Yeah." He takes a swig from the whiskey bottle. "Had to tell Angus's mum about the *honour* that was bestowed upon his son... she didn't share your optimism, copper. But fine... Fuck it. To each his own."
- EMPATHY - His 'all muscle' comment wasn't sarcastic. He's genuinely trying to look out for Angus.
- TITUS HARDIE - "Don't put yourself down, Angus. It's important work." The chief picks his beer back up -- to offer a silent toast.
EUGENE - "Yeah, man, you're like a radio genius or something. Those notes are some in depth stuff. Indexes and shit."
- TITUS HARDIE - "But Angus..." He gulps. "He was just a stupid kid. Didn't realize the mess he'd gotten into... trusted me... Still, the balls on that kid! Went down fighting for someone else's shit like a fat angry bear."
- TITUS HARDIE - "Angie, where's your goddamn inhaler? You sound like you're dying."
- FAT ANGUS - In the middle, heaving and wheezing: big guy, boot size 46, deep marks. Probably carried the victim over. He alone is 130 kilos; add the man in armour and you could easily exceed 220.
- FAT ANGUS - Awful smell. His feet stink from all the way over there, despite having boots on.