Get topping pie from Gary
Get topping pie from Gary is a task in Disco Elysium.
Context[edit | edit source]
It's waiting for you—wheat-free, vegan deliciousness. Gary said he can give it to you once he's in the Whirling.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- In order to gain this delicious, luxurious pie, you need to first gain access to Land's End (Day 3, when the water lock opens), then locate Gary, the Cryptofascist. Then...
- Ask him if he's a cryptozoologist, then pass a passive skill check Authority ≥12, at the same time have the Conceptualization skill <6 to be able to press the issue ("What do you do, then? If not cryptozoology?") and play the scene out until he starts evasive. Then gently intimidate him ("Come on, man. You're not under suspicion yet, but you will be if you keep evading questions.").
- To ask about the deluxe delicious dessert, in the same dialogue, you need to pass a passive skill check Endurance ≥12. Gary will then be ready to provide the delight once he's back at Whirling-in-Rags (this requires starting the quest to reload the cryptid traps).
- Once he's back, simply approach him by the counter and interrogate him to receive the pie.
- Once you have it, interact with it in the inventory and complete the scene to unlock a special achievement.
- Note that throwing the pie on the ground does not grant said achievement.