Inspect the phasmid
Inspect the phasmid is a task in Disco Elysium.
Context[edit | edit source]
The Insulindian Phasmid appears in the final part of the game, after meeting the Deserter. It will appear in a cutscene, watching you silently. Go to it, carefully... it may be dangerous.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This task is the final challenge of the game and one that has a lot of bearing on the endgame debriefing. If you have Kim Kitsuragi with you, he will be able to take a photo of the phasmid, providing incontrovertible proof that you have discovered a cryptid. If Cuno's with you instead, well, tough luck.
- Interacting with the phasmid gives you a slew of options and skills to utilize to take a better look at the creature. If you accepted the pheromones from Morell, you'll have a chance to speak with the phasmid. If you succeed the phasmid will give an interesting take on the situation of humanity in Elysium, explain the deserter's odd behavior - caused by the phasmid's natural defenses, which manipulate brain chemistry to render itself invisible - and more. if you didn't get the pheromones, the check will be impossible to pass. Throughout the game, there are several actions you can take to make the check easier:
- If Lena told you about her childhood experience, you'll get a +3 bonus.
- Ask to lay the pheromone on THICK, you'll get a +1 bonus.
- When examining the hanged man, ask what will your corpse be marked by (+1 bonus).
- Once the phasmid's gone, it will leave behind a treasure trove of goods, including the missing Fairweather T-500 Helmet, Klaasje's passport, and the Triangong 4-46 scope. Check up on the deserter to note that his demeanor has abruptly changed.