Lena, the Cryptozoologist's wife
Lena, the Cryptozoologist's wife is a character in Disco Elysium.
Background[edit | edit source]
A woman married to Morell, a cryptozoologist. She visits the Whirling-In-Rags cafeteria for tea. Two decades earlier, she was a training and development manager working for a mail-order shoe company, and had an accident on a faulty scaffolding who made her paraplegic. She has a few fascist beliefs. She is one of the first characters to show kindness towards you.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Lena is a fixture of Whirling-in-Rags, and can provide some information about reality, as well as pointers about where to Get a reality lowdown elsewhere in Martinaise. If you answer some of her questions correctly, she will reward you with a Kind Green Ape Pen.
- If you badger her, you can also receive a commemorative pin to pawn (if you are really down on your luck). Taking it will trigger a task to return it to her.
- On Day 2, you can ask her if she needs help. She states that she's anxious about her husband's whereabouts, and you can get a task to Find him. As well, she opens up about her cryptozoology profession.
- If you're very interested in cryptids, Lena is happy to explain more about them. Your partner disapproves of your interest in cryptozoology however, and you can make (and break) a promise to only ask Lena about one cryptid.
- You can ask her about the Kind Green Ape if you have the pen that she gave you earlier. She explains that it's one of her favourite cryptids, and explains that it was an ape that healed soldiers with its saliva. She makes a comment about how human evolution has different paths, and suggests that your partner was part of a race that evolved differently. You can comment on this remark.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- She is voiced by Ev Ryans.
- During early stages of development, Lena was a character that could accompany the player. This was later scrapped. The game makes a reference to this mechanic as the player can ask Lena to join you, which she politely declines.