ANDRE – "Of course [being an individual is important], otherwise I'd just be another poor guy with no education and no money. General-issue, man. Now I'm all that -- *and* I have radical spikes."
Andre is a raver with aspirations and dreams: He desires nothing more than to establish a nightclub in the old, abandoned Dolorian Church of Humanity in Martinaise, where anodic music can proliferate freely (and where they can safely cook their drugs). His posse includes Egg Head and Noid, and his girlfriend, Acele Berger. He is older than twenty. Like Acele and Noid, he is from Faubourg.
Andre feels like the church might be his last chance and is desperate to get it to work out. However, he is pessimistic about his chances and initially believes the venture is impossible without creating a drug lab. His hair, which he bleaches with a toothbrush and glues into spikes, is a source of anxiety for him, as he is balding. He badly wants to be taken seriously and seen as a reasonable person and leader figure.
- Andre is the leader of the ravers and the focal point for the task Help ravers start a nightclub. This also ties into Help Soona with her project.
- While asking them about the equipment in their tent, it's possible to get Andre to hand over a bottle of Nosaphed.
- ANDRE - The would-be leader pulls out a card from his jacket pocket and hands it you. The name reads: 'Pete Andre.'
ANDRE – "Hi again. Have you changed your mind? You changed your mind, right?" The tips of his hair are sharp and white. The bleach has consumed almost all of the toothbrush on the mirror in front of him.
- YOU - "Is Andre your boyfriend?"
ACELE - "Yes." She nods.
- YOU - "How old *are* you, Andre?"
ANDRE - "Not twenty."
- ACELE - "He's a Faubourger I guess, like the rest of us. Okay, maybe not Egg, I don't know about him, but Noid and the rest are from Faubourg, making the pilgrimage up north to visit The Paliseum."
- ACELE - "He takes care of shit. Sorry, I mean he's got a *vision*. Of what life should be, you know? He tries to push things until everything falls into place. He's an organizer."
YOU - "What has he organized?"
ACELE - "Nothing. But then again... there's nothing to organize around here either. He really wants this church thing to work..."
ACELE – "Must have taken it as a sign when he found it abandoned like that. Said it was an *augury*. I don't know where he got that from." She smiles. "Andre's not super intelligent..."
ACELE - "I've never seen him so psyched about anything though -- and he's often psyched. Looked sort of desperate, like it's his last chance or something. Or maybe he was just high..."
- ANDRE - "It was just impossible -- look at us! How are we going to pull a club out of our ass?! We need starter capital, that's all... We were *totally* going to turn the church into the wickedest club for anodic music in, like, ever..."
ANDRE - "Just like.... before we do we need to earn a bit of dough, do some real work! Get things going, you know."
- ANDRE - You see a youngish man bleaching the tips of his hair with a toothbrush. He puts the toothbrush down and extends his hand in greeting.
- ANDRE - "...or because I'm balding, yes. I want to fuse the remains of my hair together, before it leaves me."
- SUGGESTION - The one with the bleached hair is not really pulling rank on his friend here. He's just trying to create the impression of himself as a reasonable, moderate leader figure.
- EMPATHY - Andre is obviously very happy you took him seriously. The whole tent is. The boys exchange giddy looks.