Sing karaoke is a task in Disco Elysium.
Description[edit | edit source]
- You need to find a sufficiently tragic tape, then play it on a boombox to memorize the lyrics. Then ask the cafeteria manager to perform. (Preferably in the evening. More people at the bar then.)
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This quest allows you to bring your talents to the Whirling once more. To unlock it, interact with the karaoke gear on the stage at the Whirling, which will start the quest as early as Day 1.
- You'll need to get a hold of a sad song on tape and a way to play it.
- The player can be obtained on Day 1, from Bird's Nest Roy at the pawnshop. It costs ✤ 12, but you can haggled it down to a fraction of the original price if you tell him it's for police business (check).
- The tape can be accessed after day 3, when the water lock has closed, located in a shack in the Fishing village. Load the tape and listen to it (equip the player and interact with the tape in inventory). Your mind will suggest singing.
- To get on stage, you need to convince Lawrence Garte to let you sing karaoke.
- Finally, you need to get up on the stage in the evening and let it rip. A Drama check will determine whether you perform properly or... Well, repeat your earlier, miserable performance.
Song[edit | edit source]
- I would often go there. To the tiny church there. The smallest church in Saint-Saëns -- though it once was larger.
How the rill may rest there. Down through the mist there. Toward the seven sisters -- toward those pale cliffs there
I would often stay there. In the tiny yard there. I have been so glad here -- looking forward to the past here
But now you are all alone. None of this matters, now, none of this matters, at all.