The Litany of Contact Mike
Description[edit | edit source]
Problem[edit | edit source]
- It’s time once again to return to *The Twenty Things You Like To Say About Contact Mike*, the boxer who is, apparently, a paragon of open competition. It really doesn’t get *any* better than this. *Any* better. Both inside and *outside* the ring. Stop. Point at someone. Someone in the distance. Point your finger at him. He *will* point his finger back at you, vaulting an impassable gulf of finance and privilege, to...
Solution[edit | edit source]
- …5,000-1 rank outsider! No one saw it coming. The mantle of a game changer demands intangible qualities. Fights are not won -- you’re thinking, instead of doing detective work right now -- fights are *made*. Blow by blow, let’s take it *Mike to the Mikey*. Some low-intensity part of you has entered a sports-cliché driven fugue state. And it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Also -- Mike *knew* what it took to win: he just wanted it *more*.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Requires 15m research time
- -1 Conceptualization: Push it
- -1 Drama: Make it
- -1 Logic: No pain, no gain
- All FYS (Physical/Pink) White Checks unlocked
Location[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the girl by the Tent about Contact Mike (near the Boardwalk, after day 3)
Requires a passive Encyclopedia Check of 10+ and possibly a passive physical Instrument check of 10+ afterwards.