Waste Land of Reality
Description[edit | edit source]
Problem[edit | edit source]
- It has been brought to your attention that you’re an alcoholic. And that it’s a sickness. And it’s killing you. You're crawling on your knees through life, your booze-filled belly dragging on the ground, your brain now fuzzy, now in overdrive, your hair sticking together with today's cold sweat and yesterday's vomit. Perhaps they’re right. Anything is better than this. Even bone-dry reality itself. Maybe you can quit?
Solution[edit | edit source]
- Congrats – you're sober. It will take a while for your body to remember how to metabolize anything that isn't sugar from alcohol, so you're going to be pretty ravenous soon. Eat plenty. You can expect your coordination and balance to improve in a couple of weeks. In two months, you might start sleeping like a normal person. Full recovery will take years, though. It’ll be depressing. And it’ll be boring. Don’t expect any further rewards or handclaps. This is how normal people are all the time.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Requires 20 hours research time
- -2 Physical Instrument: Insomnia
- +1 Psyche: Return of the self
- -1 Inland Empire: Sober
- -1 Physical Instrument: Insomnia
- -1 Suggestion: Boring
- No positive effects from alcohol
In short this gives -1 to Physical Instrument, no change to the Inland Empire or Suggestion stat, but +1 to all other PSY stats.
Location[edit | edit source]
- Get Sober. Research Advanced Race theory then talk to Measurehead (The Muscle guy by the Union building) and tell him you need to get sober.
- Alternatively, talk to Tiago in the church and agree with him when he tells you to get sober.